THE ESSENCE OF ECUADOR
Every country has its own assortment of “must-see” and “not-to-miss” places and activities, the so-called hidden jewels….
Ecuador is no exception, it has so many of them that it’s hard to pick the top five or even try to visit them all in a few days…
In any case, our personal picks include:
- To stroll through colonial oldtown Quito
- To visit one of the snow-capped volcanoes, especially Cotopaxi and Antisana
- To hike around the Quilotoa crater lake
- To row a canoe on a small tributary river in the Amazonia
- To visit the traditional and very colorful indigenous markets
- To bargain in the Otavalo artisanal market
- Whale watching on the coast
- And of course, to take pictures of all kinds of animals in the Galapagos Islands
We have put together a 16-day program to show you all of our favorite highlights in Mainland Ecuador.
Travel to the northern region of the country, where you will find crater lakes, stunning vegetation and, of course, the Otavalo Market. The tour also includes a visit to the cities of Quito and Cuenca, both considered UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites.
Other features include a visit to the Cotopaxi National Park, a walk along the rim of the Quilotoa crater lake and trekking at the Chimborazo volcano, the nearest point on Earth to the sun. At Chimborazo, hike up to the second shelter situated 5,000 meters above sea level. The tour will also include an adventure through the Amazon forest with a local guide before traveling south to enjoy a famous train tour heading to ‘Nariz del Diablo’ (the Devil’s Nose) along with a visit to one of the traditional indigenous markets.
This journey allows you to enjoy many sites and attractions from such a stunning country.
After arriving to Guayaquil -the biggest city in Ecuador-, you may choose an extension package to the coast or the Galapagos Islands.